Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 01:08:48 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: Ted Hess <thess@...schensync.net>,
	OpenWrt developers <openwrt-devel@...ts.openwrt.org>,
	musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] Alsa-lib (libasound) segfaults on TLS variable
 (musl on mips)

* Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> [2015-06-24 22:57:54 +0200]:
> the bug is that mips tls access uses a hard coded -32768
> offset relative to whatever __tls_get_addr returned.
>
> and musl did not account for this offset.

only affects mips shared objects with 'static __thread' variables,

extern __thread variables worked fine (and only those were
tested in the libc-tests).

> the attached patch fixes the issue for me,
> we will fix it in musl soon.

better patch attached that undoes the offset for extern tls
vars in relocs handling.. (and with more consistent naming)

View attachment "mips_tls_fix_2.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (1679 bytes)