Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:13:49 +0200
From: Christian Neukirchen <chneukirchen@...il.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Tests needed for byte-based C locale

Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> writes:

> Here are some basic tests I'd like to have for the byte-based C
> locale, preferably most of them before committing the code and all
> before a release containing it. Any help writing them (for the
> libc-test framework) would be much appreciated. Short of that, even
> just some quick sanity checks using existing programs (e.g. busybox
> utils with regex/fnmatch usage) would be helpful.
>
> Regex & fnmatch:
>
> - Literals with arbitrary high bytes match.
> - Brackets match byte values/ranges.

With GNU grep 2.21 + these patches:

$ printf 'foo\x80bar' | LANG=C grep f
foo�bar
$ printf 'foo\x80bar' | LC_ALL=C grep 'o.b'
foo�bar
$ printf 'foo\x80bar' | LC_ALL=C grep $'[\177-\201]'
foo�bar

(I guess this only tests binary detection, tho.)

--
Christian Neukirchen  <chneukirchen@...il.com>  http://chneukirchen.org