Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 23:56:17 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com>
Subject: Re: C++ questions

* John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com> [2015-06-05 17:34:52 -0400]:
> Error loading shared library ld-linux.so.2: No such file or directory
> (needed by /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6)

create an empty ld-linux.so.2

 gcc -o ld-linux.so.2 -xc -shared - </dev/null

(nowadays toolchains sometimes add the dynamic linker to
elf DT_NEEDED, i dont know why, it's not really needed)

> I looked at the notes about C++ in the musl faqs. For that I decided it
> might help if I built gcc in musl. Then everything will be musl-ized? I
> built gmp, mpfr and mpc. Started building gcc but got the following error.
>
> /home/mudd/musl/gcc-4.9.2.obj/gcc/../../gcc-4.9.2/gcc/plugin.c:579:
> undefined reference to `dlopen'

you have to patch gcc and use certain options to make it work

musl-cross build scripts take care of if
(there are prebuilt toolchains too)

> Before I go further, any opinions if I'm even headed in the right direction?

you may get away without building