Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 22:02:53 +0800
From: 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)  <luoyonggang@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: There is no tests for musl,

Thanks for the detail explain, I know all the shortcut of 16bit
wchar_t, considerate that 4bit wchar_t is rarely used in unix world,
but 16bit wchar_t is frequently in
Windows/Qt/Java/Javascript, so I think it's better not change the
16bit wchar_t to 32 bit, and that's would confusing those people
already use 16bit wchar_t on Windows platform, and this would affect
Unix- world, by default, on win32, wchar_t is 16 bit, this is a de
facto.

>From this point of view,  getting wchar_t to be 32bit on win32 is
useless and cause more problems.
The main point to port musl on win32 is add posix support and utf8
support on win32.
The wchar_t is useless for those people need cross-platform text
processing, and should using char32_t instead. That's a design
principle.

--
         此致
礼