Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 08:49:42 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: There is no tests for musl,

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 04:52:28PM +0800, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)  wrote:
> That's looks good, except the wchar_t part.
> I am not so sure that's was a good idea, cause all Windows API wchar_t
> are UTF16...

It's necessary to support all of Unicode and not just the BMP.

On midipix you still have all the raw Windows API functions that need
UTF-16 "WCHAR" arrays as input, so you can convert manually to WCHAR
(which happens to also match the standard C type char16_t) and call
them. But there's also a wrapper layer that lets you pass UTF-8
strings to WinAPI wrappers, so you never have to deal with wchar_t or
WCHAR at all. I don't know all the details but you could ask on
#midipix.