Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 21:21:49 +0200
From: Helmut Grohne <helmut@...divi.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Continuous integration for musl based Debian ports

Hi,

The continuous integration system https://jenkins.debian.net/ run by the
Debian project now regularly tries to bootstrap musl based ports. This
means building gcc against musl and then cross building essential
packages of the base system with that gcc against musl. For now, we are
testing architectures arm64, armhf, i386, mips and mipsel. You can find
the relevant jobs at:

https://jenkins.debian.net/view/rebootstrap/ (search for "musl-linux-")

As of this writing there are still unresolved toolchain issues and gcc
does not build properly against musl. These need ironing out. You are
invited to analyse or fix and patch issues identified by these jobs.
Note that not all jobs were rerun with the latest patches yet.

If you have further questions, please Cc me or follow up on
debian-cross@...ts.debian.org or stop by at #debian-bootstrap on
irc.oftc.net.

I would like to thank Szabolcs Nagy and Rich Felker for their help in
setting this up and thank Profitbricks for donating the hardware
resources.

Helmut