Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 15:08:01 -0400
From: Jean-Marc Pigeon <jmp@...e.ca>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ldconfig? /usr/lib64 LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On 04/22/2015 02:37 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 02:15:41PM -0400, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I now have a set of packages (76,... gcc, make, git, etc.) which
>> are compiled with musl, all the way up to the linux kernel. With
>> those packages I have reached my immediate goal of having a
>> self-sufficient distribution (the generated distribution can
>> recreate itself, see www.osukiss.org if you want to know more).
>>
>> I started from a simple glibc set of packages and I converted
>> them to musl while trying to have the "minimal delta", keeping
>> some package (ex: gettext, ncurses?, ...) will be decided later
>> on. In the end I want a "clean, lean, strictly within standards"
>> set of packages, musl being a good example.
>>
>> For now I have a problem with libraries, and I would like to have
>> a better understanding about what is suggested about library
>> PATH.
>>
>> All packages 'configure' set their library to be in /usr/lib64,
>> many libraries (acl,...) without RPATH wants/needs them within
>> /lib. I bypassed the problem by sym-linking needed libraries
>> between /lib and /usr/lib64.
>>
>> I rather prefer to have libraries only within /usr/lib64 (or
>> /usr/lib for i686), sure enough I can hardcode LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> within profile but I do not like this solution.
>>
>> ldconfig seems not available with musl.
>>
>> Is there a easy/standard way in musl to set the libraries in
>> designated area?
>
> Just place the paths you want searched in a file named
> /etc/ld-musl-x86_64.path (or replace x86_64 with your arch, the
> same as the name in /lib/ld-musl-*.so.1), separated by newlines or
> colons. If this file exists it will replace (not add to) the
> default search path, so you need to include all dirs you want
> searched.
>
> Note that ld-musl-*.so.1 itself needs to be in /lib.
>
> Rich

Many many Thanks Rich...

Question: where is doc about this? (I should had find it myself).

- --

A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: jmp@...e.ca
SAFE Inc.                             Phone: (514) 493-4280
  Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
     Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca">

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (4242 bytes)