Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:15:41 -0400
From: Jean-Marc Pigeon <jmp@...e.ca>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ldconfig? /usr/lib64 LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hello,

I now have a set of packages (76,... gcc, make, git, etc.)
which are compiled with musl, all the way up to the
linux kernel.
With those packages I have reached my immediate goal of
having a self-sufficient distribution (the generated distribution can
recreate itself, see www.osukiss.org if you want
to know more).

I started from a simple glibc set of packages
and I converted them to musl while trying to have the
"minimal delta", keeping some package (ex: gettext,
ncurses?, ...) will be decided later on.
In the end I want a "clean, lean, strictly within
standards" set of packages, musl being a good example.

For now I have a problem with libraries, and I would
like to have a better understanding about what is suggested
about library PATH.

All packages 'configure' set their library to be in /usr/lib64,
many libraries (acl,...) without RPATH wants/needs them
within /lib. I bypassed the problem by sym-linking
needed libraries between /lib and /usr/lib64.

I rather prefer to have libraries only within /usr/lib64
(or /usr/lib for i686), sure enough I can hardcode
LD_LIBRARY_PATH within profile but I do not like this
solution.

ldconfig seems not available with musl.

Is there a easy/standard way in musl to set
the libraries in designated area?

Thanks for your help.

- --

A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: jmp@...e.ca
SAFE Inc.                             Phone: (514) 493-4280
  Clement, 'a kiss solution' to get rid of SPAM (at last)
     Clement' Home base <"http://www.clement.safe.ca">

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/pkcs7-signature" (4242 bytes)