Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:35:11 +0200
From: Harald Becker <ralda@....de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Security advisory for musl libc - stack-based buffer
 overflow in ipv6 literal parsing [CVE-2015-1817]

Hi Kurt !

On 20.04.2015 13:20, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> Quoting Harald Becker <ralda@....de>:
>> Sending mail still fails, see appended screen shot of Thunderbird
>> message!
>
> Testing this, I get random failures and/or delays when looking up
> libc.org MX records, usually from DNS3.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM.

Thanks, for helping to test this.

> This is probably what's happening to you as well, except your
> software is giving up instead of retrying.

The problem is, it's not my software, it is the mail relay of my
provider, which rejects accepting mail for "libc.org". I don't see any
possibility to let them change the address lookup in their qmail system.

Harald