Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 23:34:48 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: perl native musl, ldd

* Jean-Marc Pigeon <jmp@...e.ca> [2015-04-02 16:40:22 -0400]:
> Using ldd was the best way I found to list one package all
> dependencies (looking at ELF file type ans searching for
> required external components).
> If you have a better way (more standard) to propose not using
> ldd that will be a good thing. idea?

if you care about the elf dependencies then use the elf standard

an elf binary will have its dependencies in the dynamic section
(DT_NEEDED entries, you can get them by readelf -d or objdump -p)

(of course the names there are mapped to paths in an implementation
defined way and will depend on the runtime environment)