Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:41:05 +0100
From: u-wsnj@...ey.se
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libintl: stubs or working functions?

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 08:29:41AM +0000, Justin Cormack wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2015 11:10 PM, <u-wsnj@...ey.se> wrote:
> > IOW I'd like to always have the canonical errname in the output,
> > in English too.

> Would it make sense for the canonical names to be the output in the C
> locale and English if you set an English locale?

What I am after is seeing "EXXXXX" as a part of the message with any LANG,
including English:

LANG=en:  "No such file or directory (ENOENT)"

It could be nice to have a common convention for all languages
about the formatting of the error reference, like parentheses
around the name and/or placing it rightmost, but this is probably
impossible with some languages.

Rune