Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:51:24 +0000 (GMT)
From: Steven Stewart-Gallus <sstewartgallus00@...angara.bc.ca>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Does Musl offer a thread-safe and non-dynamically allocating version
 of strsignal?

Hello,

I am currently using Musl Libc to test the portability of some of my
code and while porting my code over I found a small deficiency.  This
annoyance is not a big deal as I am not currently using Musl in
production but I thought I should let you know anyways so that Musl
can be improved and that other people might benefit.  Currently with
GLibc I use the deprecated sys_siglist static array of string names
for signals to get the names of signals (this might actually be the
signal that a process I am monitoring receives and not just the kind
the current process's libc knows about) in a thread safe way without
the complications of dynamic memory allocation.  Obviously, I could
just use the strsignal function but I do not know if strsignal is
thread safe or dynamically allocates memory.  Does Musl offer a
thread-safe and non-dynamically allocating version of strsignal?

Thank you,
Steven Stewart-Gallus