Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:54:31 +0800
From: 邓尧 <torshie@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: x86[_64] memset and rep stos

I'm not an expert on micro optimization, but why not use a dynamic
routine selection system which would select the optimal routine for a
given CPU during program initialization. The routine selection
algorithm could simply be a predefined static table look up.
IMO, only very small number of functions (like memset, memcpy) would
benefit from such a system, so no code size overhead to worry about.