Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 02:46:03 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: What would make musl 1.2?

We're far enough along in the 1.1.x series now that I'd like to start
thinking about what milestones might justify calling a release 1.2.0.

Looking at the Open Issues and Roadmap on the wiki, the big things
musl could gain in the near future look to be:

- Finishing up all the loose ends on locale and multilingual support:
  IDN, message translations, iconv improvements, collation, and
  possibly the byte-based C locale.

- Hardening/security features.

- C++11 non-POD TLS.

- Alternate user/group db backends (hopefully in upcoming 1.1.7).

Any or all of these could become part of the wishlist for 1.2.

Aside from those big functionality areas though, I think archs/porting
might be one of the most important things to think about. Supporting
aarch64 is definitely important in the near future, and it could be a
big publicity boost. So could getting coverage for the remaining archs
uClibc has that musl doesn't, or at least the ones of modern interest.

Other ideas?