Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:10:40 -0500
From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: -march

So i have been allowing musl to auto detect/compile and it seems to have
always selected i386 by default. I wanted to build it for 686 and noticed
the --target= didnt seem to do it on my system I specified -march to cflags
and it still shows i386 for the link. The link is supposed to change
correct? IE ld-musl-$ARCH.so.1? it appears on my debian vm to always be
ld-musl-i386.so.1 is it instead pulling the $ARCH var from somewhere off my
debian system instead of what it was compiled for?

as far as the actual code in the libs, it could have been built in i686
form both times but i did not try to check it by any means other than
glancing at the link. I know the -march=i686 was passed during the compile
process though. while watching the compile output stream by.

Im not sure exactly what is going on at the moment, im assuming i may not
be doing something right?  A readelf output said the machine is intel 80386
(In the event thats pointing to my processor im running a quad 64 bit amd)

thanks for any help and insight.

thanks,
stephen

Content of type "text/html" skipped