Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 23:04:49 +0200
From: Dima Krasner <dima@...akrasner.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: dalias@...ifal.cx
Subject: Possible bug in openlog()

Hi,

I think I found a bug in openlog() - it's racy. If syslogd is started after openlog() is called, there's a small chance that the socket will remain open, while connect() failed. Then, syslog() does not call openlog() again, because it only checks whether the socket file descriptor is valid.

Therefore, all syslog() messages are dropped silently and nothing gets logged. I attached a fix.

Can you merge it or provide feedback, please?

Thank you,
Dima

--
Dima Krasner, dimakrasner.com

View attachment "musl-syslog-retry.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (602 bytes)