Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 20:24:54 +0100
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@...d.ltu.se>
To: Iain Hibbert <plunky@...ig.net>, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com>
CC: musl@...ts.openwall.com, pcc@...ts.ludd.ltu.se
Subject: Re: [Pcc] pcc i386 -fPIC compiler error on src/complex/catanf.c

Iain Hibbert skrev den 2015-01-04 18:47:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2015, Isaac Dunham wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> With recent pcc (built from cvs since 1.1.0 was released), I've tried
>> building musl a few times, but the shared build consistently dies
>> on src/complex/catanf.c (command wrapped to avoid getting mangled
>> in the mail):
>> $ make
>> pcc -std=c99 -nostdinc -ffreestanding -fexcess-precision=standard    \
>>    -frounding-math -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -I./arch/i386 -I./src/internal \
>>    -I./include  -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-unwind-tables     \
>>    -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -Wa,--noexecstack -march=i486      \
>>    -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int 	     \
>>    -Werror=pointer-sign -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-stack-protector    \
>>    -fPIC -DSHARED -c -o src/complex/catanf.lo src/complex/catanf.c
>> src/complex/catanf.c, line 80: compiler error: bad STCALL hidden reg
>> error: /usr/libexec/ccom terminated with status 1
>> Makefile:124: recipe for target 'src/complex/catanf.lo' failed
>> make: *** [src/complex/catanf.lo] Error 1
>>
>> Line 80 is the closing bracket of _redupif(), which is fairly basic
>> floating point math.
> it will likely be something inside that function that does not show up
> until the function is being emitted. STCALL is something to do with
> structure arguments, which some kinds of floating point are big enough to
> be considered.. so I guess some kind of double or long double arguments?

This assertion occurs because pass2 code expects a hidden argument to be
present when calling a struct return function, but the hidden arg cannot be
found in the argument list, and in this special case the hidden arg shall be
in a register.

I would like a preprocessed output from the above to diagnose further (which
means to just add a -E to the line above).

-- Ragge