Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 17:47:24 +0000 (GMT)
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@...ig.net>
To: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com>
cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, pcc@...ts.ludd.ltu.se
Subject: Re: [Pcc] pcc i386 -fPIC compiler error on src/complex/catanf.c

On Sat, 3 Jan 2015, Isaac Dunham wrote:

> Hello,
> With recent pcc (built from cvs since 1.1.0 was released), I've tried
> building musl a few times, but the shared build consistently dies
> on src/complex/catanf.c (command wrapped to avoid getting mangled
> in the mail):
> $ make
> pcc -std=c99 -nostdinc -ffreestanding -fexcess-precision=standard    \
>   -frounding-math -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -I./arch/i386 -I./src/internal \
>   -I./include  -Os -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-unwind-tables     \
>   -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -Wa,--noexecstack -march=i486      \
>   -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=implicit-int 	     \
>   -Werror=pointer-sign -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-stack-protector    \
>   -fPIC -DSHARED -c -o src/complex/catanf.lo src/complex/catanf.c
> src/complex/catanf.c, line 80: compiler error: bad STCALL hidden reg
> error: /usr/libexec/ccom terminated with status 1
> Makefile:124: recipe for target 'src/complex/catanf.lo' failed
> make: *** [src/complex/catanf.lo] Error 1
>
> Line 80 is the closing bracket of _redupif(), which is fairly basic
> floating point math.

it will likely be something inside that function that does not show up
until the function is being emitted. STCALL is something to do with
structure arguments, which some kinds of floating point are big enough to
be considered.. so I guess some kind of double or long double arguments?

> I can't really isolate the error in question, I'm afraid.

maybe if you post the function, somebody else would be able to?

iain