Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 21:24:31 -0800
From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, alpine-devel@...ts.alpinelinux.org
Subject: Re: webkitfltk segfaults in do_relocs (partly solved)

Hello,
Thanks for all the advice. Now it gets a lot further:
I built webkitfltk with -fno-pie, and the test program loaded, showed
a window, and crashed somewhere in JavaScriptCore.

I tried running Source/JavaScriptCore/jsc, and it shows a problem that
was previously reported:

$ Source/JavaScriptCore/jsc
Error compiling builtin:
ASSERTION FAILED: result
parser/Parser.h(970) : WTF::PassRefPtr<T> JSC::parse(JSC::VM*, const JSC::SourceCode&, JSC::FunctionParameters*, const JSC::Identifier&, JSC::JSParserStrictness, JSC::JSParserMode, JSC::ParserError&, JSC::JSTextPosition*) [with ParsedNode = JSC::ProgramNode]
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Upstream has set thread stack size to 1 megabyte regardless of libc,
figuring that 8 megabytes is too much.
I'm building with -DUSE_SYSTEM_MALLOC=1.
Looking through the old thread on Webkit javascript crashing, I found an
excerpt of a diff, but could not figure out where it's supposed to apply
(grep -r didn't find anything pertinent that I could see).

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham