Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:02:54 -0500
From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: issues with headers?

I have been trying various ways of compiling a musl system using gcc and
found that GCC-4.7.3 does not seem to want to compile against musl headers.
I install the linux headers in /usr/include then i install musl and move
its headers to /usr/include. then i specify -I/usr/include to gcc and it
errors every time (technically its /cross/usr/include as i have a separated
env from my host system) The same compile works fine against musl libs but
not the headers. The only change made from a working to a non-working
system appears to be the use of the musl generated headers.

In the scripts to build a musl toolchain (such as gregorr) the header
location is not specified but sysroot is used (which obviously isn't
linking against the headers)  I first started to see this issue when
chroot'ing into a newly created musl gcc system.

Is musl suitable as a stand alone libc replacement? Should i not be
building against musl headers? If there is any reports or details you want
me to provide please let me know.

PS: I have found that GCC-4.7.3, GCC-4.8.3, both have the issue

thanks,
Stephen

Content of type "text/html" skipped