Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 22:19:46 +0300
From: Sergey Dmitrouk <sdmitrouk@...esssoftek.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Constants to decode __ctype_b_loc() table

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 09:51:36AM -0700, Rich Felker wrote:
> Basically, libstdc++ should be using ...

Well, I'm talking about libc++, not libstdc++.  libc++ doesn't have
such headers and all is kept in one big locale.cpp.  It's easy to
hard-wire these constants for generic case, but is it really correct
solution?  It doesn't seem to be standardized.  Values in
os/generic/ctype_base.h differ from those one can find in C++ standard.
There is even a comment:

    // Default information, may not be appropriate for specific host.

My point is that musl can have these masks defined to arbitrary values
and there is currently no way for a client to know exact values.  It
just happens to work, no guarantees.

The question is whether you want to keep it in this somewhat incomplete
state, when particular values of constants are assumed and undocumented (e.g.
if this is really just for libstdc++, which can live without constants).

Regards,
Sergey