Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:21:36 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libgcc errors

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 05:01:10PM -0400, stephen Turner wrote:
> As previously mentioned I wiped and installed a clean debian. I did a
> absolute minimum default install no desktop etc compiled the latest stable
> musl, m4, gmp, mpfr, mpc, and downloaded gcc 4.7.3 with gregorr/musl-cross
> patch to match.  I ran the build based on the commands i found in his
> script and even tried passing --disable-werror to no avail (it helped on
> binutils so i figured it was worth a shot).  Libgcc still errors out when
> using --target.
>
> Its having a problem finding/using libmpc.so.3 but the paths appear to
> point to the directory which it is located. to be sure i even specified
> using the --with-mpc flag.

Did you install the development packages? On Debian the libXXXX
packages are only for running programs that need libXXXX, not
compiling/linking programs which need them.

> If you could please take a moment to help me with this i would appreciate
> it. Libmpc is in /root/cross/i686-linux-musl/lib and i have copied my
> config.log from the libgcc directory below

If you just use Gregor's scripts directly, everything should work
fine. Have you tried just running the musl-cross build unchanged and
seeing if it succeeds? This would tell you right away whether you have
a problem with your build environment/packages, or with your own
custom commands. Then, assuming it's the latter, you can try making
controlled changes until you figure out what you're doing wrong.