Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 15:54:32 -0500
From: Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: converting gcc from glibc to musl

On 10/01/2014 03:34 PM, stephen Turner wrote:
> Yea i had to patch gcc just to get it to compile which due to various
> issues i have only gotten to run on the target musl system when i use
> the musl wrapper to compile gcc.
>
> how would i go about fixing this linker issue? is it with binutils, gcc,
> or musl?

See lines 77-79 of the musl-cross patch. When you set your triple to
i686-linux-musl instead of i686-linux-gnu, it sets musl as the default
linker. You didn't, so it defaults to glibc, but you can still tell it
to use musl manually, either by putting -mmusl in CFLAGS or the command
line, or by editing the specs file, like the musl-gcc wrapper does.

Once you get it working, though, I recommend recompiling gcc with
--host=i686-linux-musl

--
Regards,
Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>