Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:07:57 +0800
From: Рысь <lynx@...server.ru>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: libc.so segfaults on mips

Hi list!

Not a really blocking bug but I was wondering why cross compiled musl libc.so for embedded wrt system is segfaults with this:

% ./strace ./libc.so
execve("./libc.so", ["./libc.so"], [/* 10 vars */]) = 0
--- {si_signo=SIGSEGV, si_code=SI_USER, si_errno=EPERM, si_addr=0x4} (Segmentation fault) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
Segmentation fault

A strange segfault with EPERM.

The target is mips2 bigendian router, specifically it is ar9331 SoC.
This is how file reports on libc.so: ELF 32-bit MSB shared object, MIPS, MIPS-I version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

Such a trouble I had once when system enforced mmap_min_addr, however there it has default value.

The toolchain is somewhat old: gcc 4.2.1, binutils 2.17.50.0.17 but confirmed working and stable.

Musl is 1.1.4.

What else can cause this?