Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:48:06 +0100
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: static build and dlopen

On 27/08/2014 18:10, piranna@...il.com wrote:
> Yes, I though about this option before, has a dumb statically linked
> executable to work as PID 1 that just only exec Node.js and wait until
> it finishes, so I can use a standard dynamically linked one and do
> whatever I want

  I don't understand why you can't do whatever you want anyway.
  You can run Node.js as PID 1 even if it is dynamically linked - you
just need to have the libc (and ld-musl.so) in the filesystem. It
will work. You can run anything as PID 1 provided all its dependencies
are there at boot time. Traditional inits are usually dynamically
linked - which I think is a very bad idea, but that's another subject.
If Node.js is a special case that cannot be treated that way, then I'm
interested in hearing why.

--
  Laurent