Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:27:09 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mutt group reply

On 07/13/14 22:51, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:58:59AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

> Thanks! I had been looking for a solution to this issue for a long
> time but didn't bother to really look into it.

Thunderbird's "reply all" will _only_ reply to the reply-to, and I wind
up manually copying in individual email addresses to cc: when I bother.
(Yes, it has a 'reply list' button, but the reply-to header overrides
the difference.)

So it breaks other mail clients too. Largely because reply-to seems to
be used so seldom, and thus isn't particularly debugged. (This is the
only list I've followed in the past 5 years at least that uses reply-to.)

>>>  Mutt supports it, it just needs to be configured via an option. I can't
>>> remember the details because it's been a long time, but back when I was
>>> using Mutt, I did that for all the mailing-lists I was subscribed to, and
>>> it worked flawlessly.
>>
>> This suggestion keeps coming up, but I think it's a solution to a
>> different problem.  The mailing list sets Reply-To to keep discussions
>> on the list regardless of what MUA people are using.  When the mailing
>> list is configured that way, Mutt exhibits the behavior with group
>> replies that I have mentioned, and the workaround is either to answer
>> "n" to the question or to set the reply_to option differently:

My solution is mostly just not to participate on the broken mailing list.

Rob