Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 20:43:34 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: glfw - x11 and opengl

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 07:38:26PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 07/03/14 22:25, Rich Felker wrote:

> >> http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2014-July/001399.html
> >
> > Has anyone had a chance to look at this yet? It would be nice if
> > someone with experience with distros/building could help check for
> > common breakage/pitfalls. I know Aboriginal is using a much older
> > toolchain than most musl users, so that might also have some new
> > issues that others haven't encountered. I suspect there might still be
> > issues with libgcc.a symbol visibility that would result in broken
> > binaries when dynamic linking against musl; this should be easy to
> > check.
>
> Dynamic linking is indeed broken. Haven't tracked down why yet.
> (hello-dynamic works on i686, segfaults on mips.)

Is it only mips that's segfaulting, or other archs too? I'm guessing
it's either an issue with your toolchain, or perhaps the mips
relocation regression in 1.1.3 that's fixed in master -- it was
announced here on the list.

> > BTW regarding the libgcc.a issue, since it seems to be common in
> > bootstrapping, it might be worth working around it in the musl build
> > process by using -Wl,--exclude-libs,libgcc.a if this option is
> > supported by the linker.
>
> Which libgcc.a issue? I hit a couple different ones, but I think they're
> fixed now?

Any libgcc-namespace symbols (like __udivdi3) getting exported from
musl libc.so. This command should show some of them if they're
present:

nm -D lib/libc.so | grep __.*div