Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 09:33:36 -0300
From: Carlos Breviglieri <carbrevi@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aboriginal musl support

Hey, sorry for the late reply... I saw the announcement at the aboriginal
mailing list and confused it with musl's. The link is already posted, but,
for reference here it goes. You can check out the commits for details at
http://landley.net/hg/aboriginal/rss-log and http://landley.net/notes.html

""""""
Subject: [Aboriginal] basic musl support is in.

To enable it for a given target, comment out the UCLIBC_CONFIG stanza in
the sources/targets/$ARCH file.

All I can really say at the moment is that it compiles for i686. (That's
the ccwrap rewrite, basic script tweaks, and a patch to gcc to not use a
nonstandard type name.)

Sorry that took so long. It was a lot of debugging. (And now to test
build more stuff...)

Rob
""""""

Regards,

Carlos

On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 11:18:29PM -0700, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> testings,

> landley.net.
> while
> ready.
> > > > >

> http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2014-July/001399.html
> > >
> > > Has anyone had a chance to look at this yet? It would be nice if
> > > someone with experience with distros/building could help check for
> > > common breakage/pitfalls. I know Aboriginal is using a much older
> > > toolchain than most musl users, so that might also have some new
> >
> > Similar version (4.2.1) to bootstrap-linux (4.2.2?), also the oldest
> > supported by musl-cross; I used GCC 3.4 and 4.2.1 with some patches
> > for the latter from both musl-cross and Aboriginal.
>
> OK good to know.
>
> > > issues that others haven't encountered. I suspect there might still be
> > > issues with libgcc.a symbol visibility that would result in broken
> > > binaries when dynamic linking against musl; this should be easy to
> > > check.
> >
> > See the threads of Jan 11/12.
> > (Rob could not duplicate.)
>
> Yes, that's why I suspect the bug may still be present: he was only
> concerned with finding a test case showing it breaking something and
> was not convinced merely by the presence of the visible symbols that
> break the ABI.
>
> This is part of why I think it may be beneficial to work around broken
> libgcc.a on musl's side: the breakage is subtle when it happens and
> it's hard to convince users that there really is a bug.
>
> Rich

Content of type "text/html" skipped