Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 23:25:46 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: glfw - x11 and opengl

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 09:40:10PM -0500, Samuel Holland wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 01:14 +0100, Laurent Bercot wrote:
> > On 03/07/2014 22:22, Carlos Breviglieri wrote:
> > > I also keep an eye on aboriginal linux for other architectures testings,
> > > which, just now, announced basic musl compatibility... sweet.
> >
> >   Where did you see that announcement ? I can see nothing on landley.net.
> > I've been waiting for the Aboriginal native musl toolchains for a while
> > and chafing at the bit. It would be sweet if they were finally ready.
> > (Rob, can you confirm/deny ?)
> >

> http://lists.landley.net/pipermail/aboriginal-landley.net/2014-July/001399.html

Has anyone had a chance to look at this yet? It would be nice if
someone with experience with distros/building could help check for
common breakage/pitfalls. I know Aboriginal is using a much older
toolchain than most musl users, so that might also have some new
issues that others haven't encountered. I suspect there might still be
issues with libgcc.a symbol visibility that would result in broken
binaries when dynamic linking against musl; this should be easy to
check.

BTW regarding the libgcc.a issue, since it seems to be common in
bootstrapping, it might be worth working around it in the musl build
process by using -Wl,--exclude-libs,libgcc.a if this option is
supported by the linker.

Anyway back to the point, it's great to see musl making it into
Aboriginal!