Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 08:53:37 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AArch64 merge back

* Weiming Zhao <weimingz@...eaurora.org> [2014-06-30 15:56:45 -0700]:
> I'm wondering if there is any plan to merge back the changes for AArch64
> from https://github.com/crxz0193/musl-aarch64 ?
>
> So we can stay on the main repository.

do you plan to use musl on aarch64?

the porting was stopped because aarch64 uses the
new syscall set of linux which needed significant
changes in musl (and without working essential
syscalls it was not possible to test the port)

now the new syscalls are supported so porting can
continue, so somebody with an emulator or hardware
can pick it up

that repo probably wont be merged directly but a
squashed version of the changes will be committed
once most things work reliably

this is on the roadmap, but somebody has to do the
work (should not be hard with an emulator and docs)
http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/Roadmap

there were plans to refactor arch/*/bits to reduce
the redundancy there, but it was postponed because
of build system issues.  if or1k and aarch64 gets
merged then maybe this item should be picked up
again..