Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 02:01:03 +0100
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Post-1.1.1 plans

> There may be other open things I'm missing; let me know if you have a
> request that doesn't appear above.

  I would like to have a serious design discussion about how to implement
leap second support in musl. I haven't taken the time to have a serious
go at it since I first mentioned it, but I have thought about it for a
bit and it is indeed more complex than it appears - because the standard
way of supporting them, i.e. in timezone files, is broken. (Timezones are
a process-wide setting since the default can be overriden with TZ, but
interpretation of the system clock as a TAI or UTC clock should be a
system-wide setting.)
  So, before diving in and writing some more code that won't be merged in,
I'd like to assess exactly what would be acceptable for musl and what
would not.

  A probable spin-off of this discussion is a subject in itself: what would
be an acceptable format, a set of conventions to follow, to add
musl-specific extensions outside of POSIX (or whatever superset of POSIX
musl implements).

--
  Laurent