Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 18:47:55 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open issues at end of April

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 08:33:08AM +0300, Timo Teras wrote:
> 6. Implementing if_nameindex() and getifaddrs() properly. Usable Netlink
> version exists (which might still need some fine tuning):
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/plain/main/musl/1002-reimplement-if_nameindex-and-getifaddrs-using-netlin.patch
> Can wait until 1.1.2.

OK. In the mean time you're welcome to keep using your local patch. :)
In fact part of the new Guidelines for Distribution on the wiki was
written with this specific issue in mind:

http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/Guidelines_for_Distributions

This issue will be fixed at some point in the future, hopefully in
1.1.2. I would very much like to find a solution where we get
"acceptable" behavior on BSD kernels that implement the Linux syscall
API but not netlink, however.

> 7. To go with 1.1.2 DNS overhaul: adding dns record parsing function:
> http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/plain/main/musl/1001-add-basic-dns-record-parsing-functions.patch

Yes, this has always been part of the intent for that agenda item.