Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 21:05:03 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Broken GCC versions: 4.8.2 and 4.9.0

It's come to my attention that GCC versions 4.8.2 and 4.9.0 are
performing invalid optimizations that result in a broken musl
libc.a/libc.so. It's not clear yet whether there's a good workaround,
or whether we should attempt to work around the problem, so for now,
please just be aware that these versions of GCC cannot be used to
compile musl. Using them to compile programs against musl should not
be a problem. I'll post more details later. The short version is that
it's making incorrect assumptions about the reachability of global
variables that have a local weak definition and an external strong
one.