Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 10:07:59 +0100
From: Stephen Thomas <scjthm@...e.com>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Linking musl with ld.gold

I have come across a problem and it only appears when the gold linker is used. I am using the latest release of binutils, binutils-2.24.51.0.3.
I discovered that busybox was not flushing stdout (as there was no prompt appearing) when using musl. Busybox calls fflush(NULL) which should flush stdout as done in src/stdio/fflush.c.
In that file I checked the value for __stdout_used and it came back as 0. So I changed the declaration of the weak symbol to an extern FILE* __stdout_used and stdout was being flushed.
Has anyone else seen this and have they reported this apparent bug in binutils?
Thomo
Content of type "text/html" skipped