Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 12:54:40 +0100
From: Justin Cormack <justin@...cialbusservice.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: thumb2 support

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 06:09:14PM +0200, Wermut wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have tested the patch from Stephen Thomas at least for gcc 4.6, 4.7
>> and 4.8. Seems to work. Would be nice if the 1.1.1 release will
>> include a fix.
>
> It only works for armv7. On armv6k, I'm getting errors that the
> instructions aren't supported. I think we could simply add !thumb as a
> condition for the whole block...

The patch has the wrong conditional in, there are no standard
__thumb__ and __thumb2__ defines, it is __ARM_ARCH_ISA_THUMB being 1
or 2 that differentiates. armv6k does not support thumb2. I should
have enough machines of different flavours to make a working patch.

We should be able to support just using thumb2, for thumb 1 I guess we
can support a mixed mode with some files like this compiled for arm
only, but the rest compiled with thumb, with interop turned on. Not
sure how messy this will turn out to be.

Justin