Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 20:04:53 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: adding errc to support sed (FreeBSD)

On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 07:58:48PM -0400, writeonce@...ipix.org wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The FreeBSD implementation of sed uses errc; its implementation
> should probably be as simple as:
>
> _Noreturn void errc(int eval, int status, const char *fmt, ...)
> {
>         va_list ap;
>         va_start(ap, fmt);
>         vwarnx(status, fmt, ap);
>         va_end(ap);
>         exit(eval);
> }

What's the difference between this and other forms in err.h? Is there
a 'v' version of it too?

> The FreeBSD sed also needs a couple of macros that are currently not
> defined, specifically ALLPERMS, DEFFILEMODE and REG_STARTEND.  Any
> reason not to add them when _BSD_SOURCE is defined?

Where would these be defined? If they're in a junk header I'm not so
opposed to them, but musl aims to have a cleaner namespace than legacy
systems, whereas at least ALLPERMS and DEFFILEMODE are ugly and don't
fit any sort of namespace pattern.

As for REG_STARTEND, is it an alias for some regex flag that already
exists, or a feature that would need to be implemented?