Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 08:17:58 +0300
From: Timo Teras <timo.teras@....fi>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: dalias@...c.org
Subject: Re: Open issues at end of April

On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 20:40:58 -0400
Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> Currently pending things I haven't gotten to yet, or which have open
> discussion still, seem to be:
>
> - Request for renaming dynamic linker's _start.
> - max_align_t
> - Changes for no-legacy-syscall archs
> - __xmknod and __sysv_signal ABI symbols
> - fmtmsg
>
> There are also several resolver-related topics which are going to be
> addressed in the resolver overhaul next month (May).
>
> I believe the ARM build issues have been addressed; let me know if
> anything remains open there.
>
> I'm planning to release 1.1.1 and 1.0.2 right away with some important
> fixes (mainly the strstr-family stuff), and work on the above items as
> part of 1.1.2. Please remind me if there are other pending things I'm
> forgetting.

1. I would need to have cp437 and cp850 in iconv. Otherwise mtools
cannot accesss fat filesystems, meaning syslinux is broke. I know iconv
overhaul is scheduled for 1.1.4 with hopefully getting the table
generation code published. But I think these few legacy codepages
should be added as a bug fix.

2. Possibly also sysconf() fixes: mapping table 0 to return value -1,
and fixing LONG_BIT should be done.

3. I also think having CFI for at least syscall_cpi should be done.
Debugging without that is a pain.

4. Other items in my wish list is "sendmmsg() and recvmmsg()" but as
discussed it's tricky.

5. And I also had the question if for NEEDED dependencies constructors
should be topologically sorted.

1-3 being 'high' priority.

- Timo