Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:52:11 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: New domain!

Hi all,

As you can see from the mail headers, we have a new domain to use:
libc.org. This is thanks to Kurt Maier (you rock!) who managed to get
it and donated it for use by musl.

There's been some limited discussion so far on IRC of how to best use
it, but I think it makes more sense to move that over to the list. A
summary of the ideas so far (not all of them are necessarily going to
happen, of course):

- Using musl.libc.org subdomain as either the main website or a
  redirect to the main website on the existing domain.

- Or just being pretentious like the kernel folks (think kernel.org)
  and having libc.org be the musl site. ;-)

- Revamped libc comparison with more rigorous results, more libcs
  compared. (This is an existing project idea, but new domain is a
  good place to put it.)

- Information on standards, platform ABIs, etc.

- Browsable 3p man pages.

- Why ppl should care about libc, standards and interoperability, why
  existence of multiple implementations of any important library is a
  good thing, etc.

Further ideas or discussion of the existing ones is welcome here.

Thanks again to Kurt Maier!
Cheers.