Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:17:55 +0000
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: build with clang-3.4 warnings report

On 2014-04-05 01:54, Rich Felker wrote:
>> src/env/__init_security.c:8:13: warning: function 'dummy' is not needed and will not be emitted [-Wunneeded-internal-declaration]
>> static void dummy(void *ent)
>>             ^
>> 1 warning generated.
>
> This is a bug in the compiler; the function dummy has an externally
> visible alias, so it will not be omitted (and if it is actually
> omitted, that means the compiler is generating broken output).
There is yet another possibility ;)

The ccc-analyzer could simply be buggy in this case. Would be
interesting to look at the optimized intermediate code whether this gets
optimized out. I think it probably doesn't, but who knows.

The dangling else warnings could also be resolved by simply adding
braces. It doesn't add to the code size, and the times when developers
where paid by LoC are long over (I hope).

// Oliver