Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 15:23:12 +0100
From: Wermut <wermut@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Notes about musl 1.0.0 Debian package

Hi

I am packaging musl for debian since musl 0.9.10 for debian. Since musl has
reached the 1.0.0 release, I wanted to make some notes about the package,
that are theoretically are also interesting for other package maintainers.

Copyright file
=========
I had to create a machine readable copyright file for the package, that
should represent the current copyright situation of all files:

https://github.com/wermut/musl/blob/master/debian/copyright

musl-ldd
======
The package installs a link from /usr/bin/musl-ldd to /lib/$ARCH/libc.so
since ldd would conflict with glibc's ldd. Since the musl code accepts all
argv[0] values ending with ldd, I prefixed it in the same way as musl-gcc.
I would appreciate if the behaviour would not be changed for this reason.

ld-musl-config
==========
I created a small shell script that acts like the the glibcs ldconfig. It
simply parses all files the user registers under /etc/ld-musl-$ARCH.d/* and
creates a corresponding /etc/ld-musl-$ARCH.path file, that will be picked
up by the musl dynamic linker.

https://github.com/wermut/musl/blob/master/debian/scripts/ld-musl-config

manpages
=======
Some simple manpages that should be extendend, rewritten. A complete set of
manpages is still missing.

https://github.com/wermut/musl/tree/master/debian/man

The 1.0.0 package will apear soon in the debian repo. Thank you for
developing musl.

Regards
 Kevin

Content of type "text/html" skipped