Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:25:33 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Last call for bugfixes for 1.0

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 04:08:14PM +0100, Thomas Kreuzer wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I noticed that I am unable to wirte my own fgetln function inside a
> static linked library, even though fgetln should only be exposed by
> GNU_SOURCE or BSD_SOURCE, or shouldn't it?
>
> I compile with "-std=c99 and -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700"
>
> Everything compiles fine, but seg faults, when the function is used
> in a running program, if I rename the function, everything works as
> expected.
>
> Somehow the musl function fgetln interferes with my fgetln function.

Have you done analysis to determine that this has anything to do with
musl's fgetln function? Short of that, I suspect it's just an ordinary
crash in your fgetln. There's no reason they should be interfering;
for static linking, if fgetln is already defined then musl's fgetln.o
won't even get linked, and for dynamic linking, your symbol overrides
and nothing else accesses musl's fgetln symbol.