Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 13:52:18 -0500
From: David Grothe <dave@...m.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Support at Gcom <support@...m.com>
Subject: Re: Static linking of musl with code compiled using GNU header
 files

Thanks for the suggestions.

My musl build did not include a libgcc:

linuxsvr:dave:musl-0.9.15> find . -name '*libgcc*'
linuxsvr:dave:musl-0.9.15>

It is correct that something in the GNU headers changed "signal" into
"sysv_signal" without my knowledge.

My code base is several million lines of code and I have many other
projects to do that are higher priority than porting to another set of
header files.  It would be a few days worth of effort and I just have
other things to do right now.

That said I do have a reason for wanting static linking, so maybe I will
find the time to do the port some time. (I tried just aiming my build at
the musl include directory and it did not "just work".)

I can act on the suggestions made and see how that helps.  But what
about libgcc?

Thanks,
Dave

Content of type "text/html" skipped