Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:44:05 +0000
From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@...rlite.co.uk>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CP850 & IBM850 codepages

Hi all,

First post to the list, so thank you for musl.

I was just compiling samba against musl and got this.....

checking for iconv in /usr/lib... yes
checking can we convert from CP850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from IBM850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from ASCII to UCS2-LE?... ASCII
checking can we convert from UTF-8 to UCS2-LE?... UTF-8
checking for iconv in /usr/local/lib... yes
checking can we convert from CP850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from IBM850 to UCS2-LE?... no
checking can we convert from ASCII to UCS2-LE?... ASCII
checking can we convert from UTF-8 to UCS2-LE?... UTF-8
configure: WARNING: Sufficient support for iconv function was not found.
     Install libiconv from http://freshmeat.net/projects/libiconv/ for
better charset compatibility!

Looking at the code we're missing the "cp850" and "ibm850" codepages.

I'm not sure how they are derived in the musl source though.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.