Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:50:40 +0100
From: Martin Lucina <martin@...ina.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: LMDB test failures under musl on mips

Hi,

I'm currently using musl libc and LMDB [1] in a new project. When
developing on a Debian x86_64 host everything works fine, but when building
for a target device (OpenWRT mips or mipsel, I've tried both) with static
linking my LMDB code starts failing with assertions and/or segfaults inside
LMDB itself.

Cross-compiling to statically linked musl on x86_64 does not have the
problem.

It's possible that the problem is LMDB itself; I can ask on the OpenLDAP
lists but I'd like to check here first if someone else has encountered this
problem?

You can reproduce the problem fairly easily by building the mtest* programs
that come with LMDB. Running mtest a few times (after creating ./testdb)
reliably gives either a segfault or various assertion failures in LMDB.

Note that I'm using the prebuilt toolchains from musl.codu.org (thanks!),
and the 0.9,15 release.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin