Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 20:03:42 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: How to properly give attribution to musl-libc?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 07:06:58PM +0000, Oliver Schneider wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> how can I give attribution as appropriate to everybody included in the
> efforts behind musl-libc?

For the technical sake of conformance to the conditions in the
relevant licenses, I believe it's sufficient to include somewhere with
the distributed binary (not necessarily in the binary itself; an
accompanying text file is perfectly reasonable) a statement with the
copyright and permission notice.

Of course if you find musl useful and would like to help promote it,
other things like putting a notice and link on the website, etc. would
be great. (As an aside, perhaps we should prepare some "powered by
musl" etc. "button" graphics that websites can display.)

> Also, is there a #define that lets me identify that this is a musl-libc
> build and include the respective attribution(s) accordingly.

No, this is actually an FAQ topic. :-)

http://wiki.musl-libc.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_why_is_there_no_MUSL_macro_.3F