Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 21:13:59 -0600
From: James Gregurich <bayoubengal@....com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: mistake in powerpc clone.s?

When I debug my app in gdb, I consistently get “Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)” at the lower end of the backtrace. I set break points at each function in the back trace and that message persists up to the __clone() invocation. until that line that I pointed out, the backtrace is normal. Once that instruction is executed, the backtrace is permanently broken for that thread.

I’m not educated enough at that level of operation to know what is wrong (yet), but something is wrong there.

If someone would like to experiment with some changes, I can do that.

-James