Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:58:59 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: __STDC_NO_THREADS__

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 03:36:39PM -0800, Shawn Landden wrote:
> we need to define __STDC_NO_THREADS__ like glibc for C11 compat.
>
> -Shawn
>
> see page 376 of c11 standard

This requires support from the compiler (in the form of pre-including
stdc-predef.h) which is only available in gcc 4.8 and later. Adding it
is on the agenda (not sure if this is documented anywhere) for
predefined macros other than __STDC_NO_THREADS__.

As for __STDC_NO_THREADS__, the intent is to implement the
functionality rather than documenting it as unsupported, but if it
remains missing when we add stdc-predef.h, we could define it there.