Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 14:12:31 +0000
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: ruserok et al

Dear List,

Whilst compiling pam_rhosts in Linux PAM 1.1.8 (pam_rhosts.c), it tries to
use the function 'ruserok'. I believe this, and its siblings, aren't in
musl. Quite correctly, I suspect - I presume these relate to the legacy 'r'
commands that no one in their right mind should be using. I'll be patching
my installation to remove this module from the build (*sigh* Linux pam
doesn't make choosing a subset of modules easy).

Would it make sense, for completeness to add stubs to musl to do either:-
- return the failure outcome;
- or, return a nasty warning and a failure outcome? And a syslog on runtime
use to really give users a kick?

Alternatively, it might be a good idea to not do this, but have a wiki page
somewhere listing deliberately unimplemented and stub functions.

Raph

Raphael Cohn
Chief Architect, stormmq
Co-Chair, OASIS MQTT Standard
Secretary, OASIS AMQP Standard
raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com
+44 7590 675 756

UK Office:
Hamblethorpe Farm, Crag Lane, Bradley BD20 9DB, North Yorkshire, United
Kingdom
Telephone: +44 845 3712 567

Registered office:
16 Anchor Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0JY, United Kingdom
StormMQ Limited is Registered in England and Wales under Company Number
07175657
StormMQ.com

Content of type "text/html" skipped