Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 22:33:13 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...ifal.cx>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Feature request

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 08:13:09PM +0000, Paul Schutte wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Would it be possible for you to add the version of musl to the output of
> libc.so ?
>
> root@...otage:~# /lib/libc.so
> musl libc/dynamic program loader
> usage: /lib/libc.so pathname [args]
>
> I have several machines with musl on it and it will be very helpful to see
> which version is installed.

Indeed, this has been something I've wanted to add for a while, and
which should definitely be in for 1.0. It's just a matter of doing the
right thing in the build and release system to get the version in
there, and it's not clear what the version should read for git builds
between versions. I think this is a good chance to discuss that.