Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 14:06:21 +0200
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
Subject: Re: linux/netlink.h

On 10/07/2013 12:42 PM, Laurent Bercot wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
>> Your distribution doesn't provide the whole set of linux headers
>> stand-alone?
>
> I can compile my software on top of an existing distribution all
> right. But the point is I'm building my own systems by hand without
> a distribution, which is precisely why I'm interested in musl. And
> it looks like mini-lkh was made for that precise case.

the mini-lkh's are really mini... currently they're barely enough to
compile a small subset of busybox.

until they become more sophisticated, you can use sabotage's multi-arch
kernel headers tarball:

http://ftp.barfooze.de/pub/sabotage/tarballs/kernel-headers-3.3.4-1.tar.gz

imo a good alternative to downloading the full kernel sources to compile
the headers.
an additional advantage is that kernel headers are often broken,
the version used by sabotage is known good.